maandag 26 december 2011

ARRL 10 meter contest 2011

During the ARRL 10 meter contest the propagation and the activity was very good. This combination yielded in 72 QSO's. Most QSO's were made with the Lowest Possible Power. Because of family obligations, I only participated for for about 3 1/2 hours each day. Before 1200 utc, I could work only stations from the east and after 1200 utc from the west. All QSO's were made with a power of 2.7 W to 36 mW. Many of the QSO's with low power are good for more than 1000 Miles per Watt

I was very pleased to meet Steve NY3A over 3800 miles from PA. His signal was strong. I answered his CQ with just 80 mW. I was surprised that he could hear me, but no doubt, because the response was immediately correct. WOW.
But also QSO's with 2.7 Watts can be remarkable. I was thrilled by the Excellent Ears of KI1G, UA9FGJ and EA8OM. I answered their weak signal and they came back immediately with a correct response. WOW again.
In my log, I use EE to designate a station with Excellent Ears and IC in case of an unexpected Immediately Correct response.


The most difficult part of using the lowest possible power, is to choose the power. If I choose a power that is too low, I loose much time. When a station is time and again calling CQ, that is no problem. Then I use low power and increase the power every time I notice, that my signal is not heard.


By using low power, 53 of the 72 QSO's (74%) are made with more than
1000 Miles per Watt. All QSO's with 1.8 W or less are 1000 MPW QSO's.
And also all 23 QSO's with 2.7 W to the USA.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Een hele prestatie weer Bert. Je moet soms wel ongelooflijk veel geduld hebben. Prettige Kerst en een gelukkig en gezond 2012. 73, Bas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Good morning Bert, that sure is great results and with as little as 36mW's !! I have to start getting it that low. For me the lowest was 100mW's. Now beside a QSO at 36mWs my 100mW's sounds like QRO power.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. hallo Bert, de beste QRP man van Nederland, mooie resultaten! Nog fijne kerstdagen en een goed 2012, 73 Paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Bas, With very low power, I always use S&P and will always be the last station in the queue. The frequency must be absolutely clear. But it is very rewarding.
    Mike, 36 mw is really very low for 10 meter. I always use the S-meter, to determine whith which power I will answer. So the propagation dictates the power. hi
    Paul, The best, hmmmmm, but what I do is very, very unusual. hi. It's great FUN.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen