donderdag 24 april 2014

South America in the CQMM DX with my crippeled Inverted Vee

I was looking forward to the CQMM DX contest.
It is a very fine contest with a lot of activity from South America.
I know from earlier contests, that I could still make QSO's with  Europe, Asia and North America with low power, with my crippled antenna.
On Saturday I made 9 QSO's with Europe with a power of 5 watts down to 100 mW.

But I was wondering if I could make a QSO's with South America.

On Sunday afternoon, after I switched to 28 MHz, I heard a station from South America.
At that time, I did not know whether the distance would be more than 5000 miles,
so I decided to use 2.5 W.
I use 2.5 watts and I used a lot of patience to make a QSO with PW2D.
The frequency must be absolutely clear, so I had to stay cool for a long time. hi

With a distance of far more than 2500 miles, this QSO is a more than 1000 Miles per Watt QSO.
Later I heard other stations from South America, but they could not hear me, even with 5 watts. hi
The changes in propagation, are more important than the antenna.
So I say thanks to the fine operators of PW2D.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello Bert. Propagation has been less than desirable so your wounded antenna and a couple of watts did ok into S.A. 73 Dick

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Dick, I am surprised about my inverted vee with just one working wire.
      The propagation, the activity generated by the contest and my perseverance compensate for the antenna. I am thankful for what I get. hi 73, Bert

      Verwijderen