zondag 1 september 2013

PA1B winner in ARRL int. DX CW contest

I was surprised by the large number of QSO's that I made in the
ARRL int DX CW contest in February 2013.
Yesterday I received the September issue of Electron of the Veron.
I found out, that I am the winner in the QRP, all band section for the Netherlands.

I like this contest very much since the DX stations, like myself, give their power in the exchange.
The receiving station is immediately aware, that I use QRP or even QRPp. hi
The maximum power of my FT-817 is 2.5 watts, since I had a serious mismatch.
Most QSO's were made with 2.5 watts. 9 QSO's were made with 800 mW and 7 with 360 mW.
Some operators were at first confused by my exhange 599 003 for a power of 2.5 watts.
In that case I will give an additinal 3W 3W until it's clear that my power is really that low.
My antenna is an Inverted Vee

Exchange
For a power of 2.5 watt my exchange is 599 003
For a power of 800 mW or less my exchange is 599 001.

Curious how I do it:  Read the Blog article on the ARRL DX CW 2013

Part of the results for stations in the Netherlands
In many contest QSO's, I use the lowest possible power in each QSO.
When the S-meter goes up, my power goes down.
Thank you all for the activity in the contest.

14 opmerkingen:

  1. Gefeliciteerd, knappe prestatie.
    73 Ron

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hallo Ron, dank je voor de reactie. Het is een mooi resultaat. 73, bert

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello Bert and congratulations for the big QRP win. Your 2.5 watts and wire antenna a great example of what can be done with a modestly equipped QRP station. 73 Dick

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Dick, thank you for the compliment. Yes, it is great to have these result with a modest QRP station.
      Over and over I find out, that 2.5 Watts instead of 5 watts, makes almost no difference. Time and perseverance play an important rol for a good score. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  3. Hallo Bert,

    Proficiat, een mooie prestatie met QRP!

    73 Hans, PE1BVQ

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hoi Bert, gefeliciteerd! Dat heb je dik verdiend. Mooi resultaat om trots op te zijn. 73 Paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hallo Paul, dank je. Inderdaad. En dat alles met S&P. hi 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  5. Gefeliciteerd Bert, soms lukt zoiets gewoon. Mooi gedaan. Een prijs is er geloof ik niet aan verbonden. Maar dat maakt jou vast niet zoveel uit. 73, Bas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hallo Bas, het liep gewoon gesmeerd.
      Ik had het geluk om op het juiste moment naar 10 meter te gaan.
      Er is WEL een prijs aan verbonden in de vorm van een Award.
      Het is heel leuk om dat te mogen ontvangen. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  6. Good morning Bert, always a nice to find out some news like this. Great work with it being QRP as well.
    Mike

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Mike, from this side of the ocean, QRP is even more fun, because we state our estimated power. hi. 73,Bert

      Verwijderen
  7. Bert,

    Congratulations with your first place in QRP.

    It never ceases to amaze me what can be achieved with such low power and less than ideal antennas.

    Welgedaan !!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Pierre, it's all a matter of propagation. The words are, in the right order: Propagation, Activity and Antenna. Yes it's really amazing. hi 73, Bert

      Verwijderen