zondag 17 februari 2013

PACC with QRPp

Although I had to take it easy, I had fun with QRP and QRPp in the PACC.
I found out that calling CQ was to much for my.
After just 3 QSO's, with 360 mW, in just less than 3 minutes, I had to take some rest.

So I decided to work in a relaxed way, with Search and Pounce.
I worked with Search and Pounce from 2.7 watts down to 1.8 milliwatts
When the S-meter goes up, my power goes down.

I frequently alternated S&P and calling CQ, with just 800 milliwatts.
While calling CQ with 800 mW, I made a total of  30 QSO's , in a number of short run's.
In the last 15 minutes of the contest I made a run of 13 QSO's with 2.7 W.
To my surprise, I noticed only a small difference between 800 mW and 2.7 W.

I worked YT6T with 8 mW and LZ6C with only 1.8 mW.
It's a long time since I could make QSO's with less than 5 milliwatts. hi
The signal of LZ6C wasvery strong:  S9 plus more than 20 dB.


8 opmerkingen:

  1. Great results, Bert. Keep up the good work

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Dick, I enjoyed both S&P and calling CQ. It was nice to be in a contest. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  2. Bert, Chapeau! Very well done. On Saturday my attenuator arrived and I finished it nearly. But to be true: I made some Qsos in the ARRL contest, but could not go down under 1 watt.I constantly had to repeat my numbers "5NN 5" or "5NN 1". Either they could not read my signal or they wouldn't believe it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Hajo, Well done. Great to see, that you get (are) famililiar with low power.
      I used the exchange 5NN TT3 TT3 in all 3 W QSO's. The 003 is very strange compared with 1TT or 4TT. Sometimes it took much time and perseverance - Ausdauer, for the report to be understood. hi. You are right, connditions were not good enough for many QSO's below 1 W. I only made a few QSO's with 800 mW or 360 mW. And only when a station was calling CQ constandly. Most QSO's were made with 3 W. I enjoyed it. hi. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  3. Hallo Bert, weer een mooi resultaat met QRPp. Ik denk dat je met dit soort artikelen wel een hoop amateurs krijgt die dit ook willen proberen. Ik wil zelf nog een keer de verzwakker maken en heb al een kastje en pluggen. Maar het zal wel worden als ik andere projecten klaar heb. Mooi staatje ook, erg duidelijk. 73, Bas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hallo Bas, dank je voor het compliment. Ik krijg regelmatig heel leuke reactie's op de informatie, die op mijn website staat. Ook de Blog artikelen "QRPp How is it Possible" en "WSPR Propagation Analysis" worden goed bezocht. hi
      Ik kan je van harte de 0 - 36 dB attenuator aanraden. Deze is speciaal ontworpen voor QSO's en nauwkeurig. Doe het wanneer het jou uitkomt. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  4. Mooi resultaat Bert.

    Binnenkort eens een cw qso maken. Beschik nu over een redelijke antenne.

    73, Tjeerd

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hallo Tjeerd, bedankt voor de leuke reactie. Ik ben benieuwd, hoe de antenne het doet in een QSO. 73, Bert

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen