dinsdag 22 januari 2013

HA-DX contest 2013

I enjoyed working with my new Inverted Vee in the HA-DX contest. At the end of 2012 Walle PE2WJW repaired my antenna which was damaged in a storm late November. The HA-DX contest was the first DX contest,  in which I could test the new antenna.
The new antenna works well.

When I started on Saturday afternoon on 20 m, I heard HA8MD with S8 +20 dB, so I immediately made a QSO with just 8 mW. This first QSO was also the QSO with the lowest power in this contest.
After that I made 4 more QSO's with very low and very low power: HA8IB - 36 mW, RA3RFA - 800 mW, UA2FL - 36 mW and HA1ZH - 360 mW.
A very good start. After that I got on the bike, because it was sunny whether.

On Sunday mornong I made QSO's on 40 m, 20 m and 15 m.
After the contest I went for a walk in the park. Not because it was sunny. It was snowing and there was wind. The very small snow flakes were moving almost vertically, so I could'nt resist. hi

In all QSO's I used the Lowest Possible Power with search and pounce in CW. So the used power in each QSO, is a very good indication of the propagation at that moment.
When I use the lowest possible power, it not always easy. Sometimes I have to give my call many times before my weak signal is heard. The frequency must be absolutely clear.

26 Out of 34 QSO's are made with more than 1000 Miles per Watt, considering the distance to the worked stations.  hi

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Het blijft toch een vak apart dat QRPp binnen amateurradio. 8mW dat kan je haast toch niet voorstellen. Leuk stukje en staatje, de meeste QSO's maakte je toch met 100x zoveel power als is dat nog maar 800mW. Voor jou is dat natuurlijk een gevoel alsof je met QRO werkt ;-). Ik werk nu al een paar dagen QRP vanuit de auto, maar eigenlijk heb je het niet eens door dat je QRP werkt. Het slechtste rapport (RS5/3) kreeg ik uit Israël, toch een respectabele afstand voor 5W en een mobiele antenne. 73, Bas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hallo Bas, 8 mW is mogelijk door zeer goede propagatie. Bij QRPp moet echt in verhoudingen of in dB denken. De veranderingen in de propagatie zijn echt veel groter, dan die je kunt krijgen, door van antenne te wisselen. hi. Ik laat mij leiden door de S-meter. Des te hoger de S-meter, des te lager het vermogen.
      Ik ben heel content met de tabel. De tabel maak ik vanuit een draaitabel in Excel. Bedankt voor het compliment.
      Ik vind het heel leuk dat het zo goed gaat vanuit de auto. Maar wist je dat er tussen 5 watt en 100 watt maar twee S-punten verschil zit? 100/5 = 20 Dit komt overeen met 13 dB. 12 dB is twee S-punten. Succes komende week. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen