After the Inverted Vee was damaged in a storm, I found Walle PE2WJW willing to go onto the roof. For a week we were looking at the whether. Yesterday the "window for dry whether" was width enough to go onto the roof. Walle first recovered the feeding ribbon and top part of the old Inverted Vee from the roof. I attached new wires (indoors) and Walle installed the new antenna on the roof again. It was dark already, when the job was done.
That evening I listened for a short while. I did hear some activity, but the signals were weak.
The next day I made a QSO with 360 mW with Laszlo HA6NL in the OQRP contest.
Good for more than 1000 Miles per Watt.
I find it difficult to compare antenna's.
Before the the repair, I made a few QSO's in the Croatian CW (Click) on the remaining wire of the damaged antenna. At that time the signals were very strong.
I just looked in the Log and found out, that I also made a QSO with HA6NL with in the Croatian CW.
Laszlo's signal was very strong, 10 dB over S9, so I used 36 mW. hi
So I think that the new antenna is working well, but that the difference is caused by the propagation.