zaterdag 22 december 2012

Half an Inverted Vee

While I was in the hospital the storm damaged my antenna. 
Since I have to recover first, I can not repair the antenna. I found a HAM who is willing do the repair. In the mean time I will use the half Inverted Vee. hi
Inverted Vee
The top of the antenna came loose and dropped to a point 2 mtrs above the roof. Later the wire that is (was) visable on the photo broke. The wire on the opposite side of the house lies partly flat on the roof. Much to my surprise I managed to make a few contest QSO with very low power. 2.7 W down to 36 mW. 




6 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello Bert,

    It's good to hear you're back home, recovering, and finding a little time for the radio. I wish you continued progress and much rest and relaxation.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello John, I glad to say that there is a slow continuous progress, although I still have to be careful. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  2. good to have a generous person giving you a hand at this time. Stay well and continue to mend, exercise as best you can per doctors orders.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Richard, the repair of the ant was scheduled for yesterday, but we both agreed on the telephone, that it was not safe to go onto the roof, because of the rain. So I have more time to experience, what I can do with just one wire. hi Also I am very glad to get help. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  3. Hallo Bert, dat weer het nadeel van antennes hoog boven ons. Ik zie er tegenop als mijn dipool zou breken, moet ik weer dat dak opklimmen. Gelukkig heb je iemand die je kan helpen. 73 Paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Paul, I have to repair my antenna about once a year. Usually I do that just before a major contest, such as the CQ WW WPX or CQ WW DX.
      I was surprised that I could work any thing at all, because the remaining wire lies partly flat on the roof. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen