zondag 29 april 2012

CQMM DX 2012

I just sent in my Cabrillo file for the CQMM DX contest. I had some trouble to make the entry. I logged on paper and made a Cabrillo file in Excel. But the robot refused my entry based on version 2. So I used an online webform to make the Cabrillo file in version 3.

We were invited out for a birthday, so I only had time on Saturday and only made one QSO before we left on Sunday. I used the Lowest Possible Power in each QSO.
I started, late around 19:45 local time, so the propagation to Europe was good. At first I made some more than 1000 Miles per Watt QSO's in Europe. About one hour later the signals from North and South America came through.
The signal of N2MM was stronger than S9. Carol was S8 through the 10 dB attenuator, so the QSO could be made with 80 mW. The exchange was 599 NAY . The Y means YL.  Later AA3B was also worked with 80 mW.
It is years ago that I met AA3B with just less than 100 mW, so you don't hear me complaining about the propagation. hi.


This CQMM DX contest brought 3 new DXCC's: FM, OX and CE.  
Martinique with 360 mW, gives a very nice QRPp more than 1000 Miles per Watt QSO.


This survey, showing the bands is also interesting. To North America was slightly less power needed at 15 m than on 20 m. Notice that the difference between 80 mW and 360 mW is just ONE S-point. 4x is 6 dB is one S-point.
By comparing the info in both tables, you can find out, on what band each DXCC was worked.
21 out of 28 QSO's were more than 1000 Miles per Watt QSO's. This is a staggering 75%.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten